email@example.com | +1 303 263-3044
Adams Street, Denver, Co. USA
As a hands-on software developer, Architect and Mentor, enabled rapid design, development, and deployment of full-stack solutions to deliver critical bottom-line impacting customer value. Delivered total solutions in record time, building teams and cloud infrastructure from scratch always aligning with key business drivers. Excels at Agile practices, cloud enablement. API based reusable and scalable back-ends, combined with sleek high-performing web and mobile clients to deliver targeted benefits to customers. Participated in 10 ground-up startups with 2 acquisitions and 8 successful platform migrations.
Odyssey Energy Solutions
Vice President of Engineering | 2017 – 2018
Architected and implemented a full stack solution to enable development of Solar Mini-grids around the world. Designed and implemented the hosting infrastructure as well as the supporting cast such as source code management GIT, Issue Tracking JIRA, Log Management, Real-time monitoring etc. required to operate a lean development shop. Mentored members of the web and backend development team to deliver quality results. The platform optimizes the design, development, and financing of projects large and small. The system is cloud-based running on Pivotal Cloud Foundry. The API is micro-service REST based built using Spring Boot and Oauth. The front-end web client is built using Angular 2/5.
- The product made it from inception to production in less than 6 months.
- Hired and trained consultants and full-time employees to support and expand the system
- Primary code contributor and architect for the system
Software Architect | 2015 – 2017
Architected and implemented multiple projects for an Electronic Health Record system including support of Spring Security extension, REST Service conversion as well as a re-platform of the web solution to Angular 2/5. Worked with key Business and Technology leaders to streamline development processes and architecture to increase development velocity, raise quality and increase performance.
- Lead the architecture and implementation of a new security platform leveraging an Enterprise system allowing for Single Sign-on capabilities for existing customers.
- Lead the overhaul of a Spring Based middle tier services system that reduced code density by 50% and increased performance by 30%.
- Lead team that implemented load testing techniques to locate areas of concern regarding performance.
- Lead a team to evaluated multiple web technology stacks as part of a replacement project for the web-based EHR system.
- Designed and developed a POC system leveraging Angular-2/5, Bootstrap, TypeScript, Spring 4, Spring Boot, Hibernate to replace an existing legacy system.
- Designed and implemented a Big Data analysis platform leveraging Kafka and Apache Spark.
Senior Architect – Developer (Consultant) | 2015 – 2015 (7 months)
Served on a team as an Architect and Developer of an Advanced Media Platform to deliver real-time sports statistics, media and data to a series of Mobile and Web Applications. The platform is leveraged by a number of large NCAA schools for multi-sport management. The platform is also used by a major cell technology provider to host their music and media assets worldwide. The platform was based on Spring, Mongo, Postgres and is hosted on Amazon.
- Optimized code patterns and techniques to increase velocity by 10%.
- Implemented testing and code quality techniques to increase quality by 20% and performance by 30%.
- Implemented threading technique to reduce downtime by 30%.
- Designed and implemented a high-performance engine to download and deliver real-time statistics and play by play information from 100’s of simultaneous events running live around the country. This allowed the systems to run continuously and increased reliability and uptime by 30%.
Technology Stack: Spring Boot, Spring, Java, Groovy, Mongo, Postgres, Akka, AWS, S3, Quartz, REST, Jira, BitBucket, Artifactory, Confluence, Active MQ, AWS Queues, Sendgrid, AWS Lambda, AWS RDS, Bamboo, JSON, Jackson
Software Development Manager | 2012 – 2015
Built and managed a team to develop a leading edge real-time asset management and tracking system. The system stores and tracks assets using RFID and GPS technology. The platform was also leveraged to develop multiple unrelated products due to its open architecture. The platform was offered in over 20 languages. Primary architect and lead developer for the cloud-based system. Gathered and prioritized business requirements and managed delivery streams.
- The platform was leveraged by multiple teams in over 10 countries to develop new and leading-edge applications reducing development time by 45%.
- Led adoption of an agile process that increased velocity by 25%.
- Designed and implemented a cloud hosting environment including multiple redundant systems for dev integration, QA, UAT and Production that reduced deployment time by 50% and increased quality by 30%.
- Initiated and managed an Enterprise-wide shared tools platform that supported over 1000 developers in over 10 countries.
Senior Software Developer | 2011 – 2012
Time Warner Cable
Senior Software Architect – Developer (Consultant) | 2011 – 2011 (5 months)
Senior Software Architect – Developer (Consultant) | 2011 – 2011 (4 months)
Triple Creek Associates
Lead Software Architect – Developer | 2009 -2011
Access Capital Group
Lead Software Architect – Developer (Consultant) | 2009 – 2009 (6 months)
CM Mitchell Consulting
Senior Software Architect – Developer (Consultant) | 2008 – 2009
Media Breakaway, LLC.
Lead Software Engineer (Consultant) | 2008 – 2009
Senior Software Architect – Developer (Consultant) | 2007 – 2008
Click Point Ranch
Senior Software Architect – Developer (Consultant) | 2007 – 2008
Principal Consultant | 2007 – 2008
Aurora Loan Services – Lehman Brothers
Director of Software Development | 2005 – 2007
Senior Software Architect – Developer (Consultant) | 2003 -2005
Director / Chief Architect | 2002 – 2003
First Bank Data Corporation
Lead Software Architect/Developer | 2001 – 2002
Director of Software Development | 1999 – 2001
Corporate Technology Manager (Partner) | 1998 – 1999
Haliburton – Landmark Graphics
Technical Consulting Manager | 1996 – 1998
Everest Technologies (Sold to SAIC)
Vice President of Technology (Co-Founder) | 1991 – 1996
Petroleum Industry Specialist – Systems Engineer | 1984 – 1991
Colorado School of Mines
BSc. Geophysical Engineering | 1980 – 1984
Awards and Achievements
- Chairman of the Board – Geoshare Petroleum Interchange Standard
- Hold Patent in SYSTEM AND METHOD FOR CREATING AND ENHANCING MENTORING RELATIONSHIPS
- Founder of Denver Open Source User Group
- Regular speaker at User groups